- Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will notify customers by email of changes to this policy that will affect information collected from them in the future. In certain circumstances, however, SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will not inform and obtain the consent of the customer, such as in connection with an investigation of a breach of an agreement, contravention of laws, an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened, the collection of a debt or in compliance with the request of a law enforcement agency or a court order.
A customer may withdraw his or her consent for collection, use and disclosure at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if you do, SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA may suspend its provision of products and services to you. When you unsubscribe, if you fall within the guarantee period for any SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA product and you request a refund, the guarantee will be honoured.
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA collects and uses personal information for the following Identified Purposes:
- to understand customer needs regarding SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's services;
- to develop and provide our web site and our products and services for our customers;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA, its affiliates and third parties;
- to allow customers to access limited-entry areas of SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's site;
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA and third parties;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA site or any SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's site, products and services.
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA also uses personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for its business analysis, operational, marketing and other promotional purposes.
If we hire other companies to provide some products or services on our behalf, then we will only provide those companies the personal information they need for the Identified Purposes, and we will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for us.
- Limiting the Collection of Personal Information
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the Identified Purposes. SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
- Disclosure, Processing and Retention
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA does not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to anyone else, except:
- to someone you have designated to act as your agent, for one or more of the Identified Purposes (listed in Section 2, above);
- to SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's behalf for any of the Identified Purposes;
- as necessary if SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA has reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's rights or property, other users of SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's web site, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
In addition, as we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities, or we may merge with another company. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your information may be stored and processed in the Australia, or in any other country in which SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. By using this website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA's compliance with any applicable law.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will use reasonable efforts to keep customer personal information accurate for the Identified Purposes, and for minimizing the possibility of making inappropriate customer decisions based on such information. Customers are responsible for informing SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA about changes to their personal information. You can do this by calling 1300 365 015 or sending an email to our privacy department. SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will use new or updated personal information it receives from customers to update its own records.
- Security Safeguards
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will use reasonable efforts to protect customers' personal information.
- Access to Personal Information
SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will afford you a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you so request by calling 1300 365 015, writing to:
Smart Digital Australia Pty Ltd
Unit 8 52 Corporate Blvd
BAYSWATER VIC 3153
... or upon request to the Privacy Officer.
If SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA is not able to provide access to some aspect of a customer's personal information, it will provide reasons for denying access such as; that by doing so would likely reveal personal information about a third party, or that it is confidential commercial information or attorney-client privileged communications, or that the information relates to a breach of an agreement or a contravention of law, or that its disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual.
Customers have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information be amended as appropriate, by contacting SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA or the Privacy Officer as described above. SMART DIGITAL AUSTRALIA will promptly correct such personal information.